Rental Housing Research Archive
Rental housing research reports
- Research Report on Rental Housing Supply and Demand
- Workshop Overview on Rental Housing (.ppt 617 Kb)
- Demonstration of new SHF rental trends databases (.ppt 661 Kb)
- eThekwini Municipality Perspective (.ppt 164 Kb)
- Small-scale Private Rental: Strategy For Increasing Supply Of Small-scale Private Rental In SA, Download report & strategy presentation.
- Small Scale Landlords
- Small Scale Landlords: Research Findings and Recommendations
- Research Report: Small Scale Landlords & Home Based Entrepreneurs.
- Resource Report 1: Literature review of Small Scale Landlords
- Resource Report 2: Financial needs & products available
- Resource Report 3: Entepreneurship, housing and housing finance
- Resource Report 4: Literature review on home-based entrepreneurs
- Resource Report 5: Research into Landlords in Inner Cities.
- Resource Report 6: Research into Landlords in Townships
- Preliminary Development of a Capacity Building Framework
- National Rental Survey: Phase One
Shack rentals in South Africa
This report pulls together multiple sources of statistical information on informal rental both in backyard and informal settlements to try and provide the most accurate picture possible of the informal rental market today.
Reports on provincial rental markets
The Provincial Rental Market reports consolidate and localise data on the rental housing market in each province. These reports are a follow-up to the Rental Housing Supply, Demand & Trends report.
- Eastern Cape
- Free State
- KwaZulu Natal
- Northern Cape
- North West Province
- Western Cape
Rental market demand and socio economic indicators: